Our intern positions are filled for the 2013 season. Please check back in the fall to apply for an internship in 2014.
These are intense, hard-working, educational positions that cover the full spectrum of life on the farm.
What We Look For
- Enthusiasm, open-mindedness, and a highly positive attitude
- Outdoor work experience (eg. farming, landscaping, backpacking, etc)
- Interest in topics of organic farming and sustainable food systems
What We Offer
- Experience living as part of a diversified farm
- Veggies, eggs, and meat from the farm
- Rustic accommodations on the farm
- Weekly lectures and discussions on relevant farm topics
- Hands-on experience in all aspects of farm practices, including:
• soil husbandry
• seed propagation and transplanting
• field preparation and cultivation
• crop rotation
• cover cropping and green manures
• harvesting and post-harvest handling
• pastured poultry management
• meat poultry processing
• forage-based pig management
• grass-fed lamb management
• direct marketing and customer relations
• basic carpentry skills and use of power tools
- A modest monthly stipend
We require a commitment of at least 3 months, but give preference to those who can commit to the full season (April 1 to Thanksgiving).
Please apply through MOFGA's Farm Apprenticeship website. Frith Farm's reference number is CUM-18. Feel free to email Daniel or call (207)730-9077 with any questions.