We are currently accepting intern applications for the 2014 season.
These internships are intense, physically demanding, educational positions that cover the full spectrum of life on the farm.
What We Look For
- Enthusiasm, open-mindedness, and a highly positive attitude
- Outdoor work experience (eg. farming, landscaping, backpacking, etc)
- Interest in topics of organic farming and sustainable food systems
What We Offer
- Experience living as part of a diversified farm
- Veggies, eggs, and meat from the farm
- Rustic accommodations in the 200+ year old farmhouse
- Weekly lectures and discussions on relevant farm topics
- Hands-on experience in all aspects of farm practices, including:
• soil husbandry
• seed propagation and transplanting
• no-till vegetable field management
• crop rotation
• cover cropping and green manures
• irrigation design and management
• harvesting and post-harvest handling
• pastured poultry management
• meat poultry processing
• forage-based pig management and breeding
• grass-fed lamb management
• firewood harvesting and splitting
• direct marketing and customer relations
• basic carpentry skills and use of power tools
- A modest monthly stipend
We require a commitment of at least 3 months, but give preference to those who can commit to the full season (April 1 to Thanksgiving).
Please apply through MOFGA's Farm Apprenticeship website. Frith Farm's reference number is CUM-18. Feel free to email Daniel or call (207)730-9077 with any questions.